Forza Horizon

For all video games discussion. Please use the format "Game-Name (Platform)"
KungFuStu72
Pirate Captain Pigeon
Xbox Live: KungFuStu72

Re: Forza Horizon

Postby KungFuStu72 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:08 pm

New DLC available for this, the 1000 club challenges. The best thing is it's free and brings in 10 new achievements so I've reinstalled the game for a bit more action.

KungFuStu72
Pirate Captain Pigeon

Postby KungFuStu72 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:00 pm

OK, apologies for the misinformation. This DLC is free but 9/10 of the achievements require you to own cars that are only available in various full price DLC car packs. I.e. the snake charmer achievement requires you to earn a medal in three different Shelby's, two of which are found in the November DLC (400msp). And other achievements require different DLC car packs so you're going to need lots of 400mps or the season pass.

Oxycutor
Ninja Fat Pigeon!
Xbox Live: Oxycutor
PSN: Oxycutor

Postby Oxycutor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Downloaded the DLC, think I also got the Rally DLC when it was on special offer over xmas. Not got back to playing it yet though. Has the game aged well since going back to it?

KungFuStu72
Pirate Captain Pigeon

Postby KungFuStu72 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Still as good as ever. This DLC really forces you to use different cars so it highlights the different handling properties.

Pres
Ninja Fat Pigeon!
Xbox Live: presariofu
PSN: Presariofu
Steam Id: Presariofu

Postby Pres » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Added to the front page http://www.ninjafatpigeons.co.uk/2013/04/forza-horizon/

I got so very close to completing the original game and, purchased and played a little of the Rally DLC. I have had a small bout of gamer burnout over the last few months, only really playing NFS:MW which, has also had a new area added via DLC.

Time to get this one updated on the Xbox and, complete the game and, play some of the 1000 club DLC along with the Rally pack.

Oxycutor
Ninja Fat Pigeon!

Postby Oxycutor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:07 pm

I loaded it up again for a few hours the other day. The 1000 club achievments, some do depend on paid for DLC, but all three that I needed in paid DLC were in one car pack - Novembers. So only 400 points. The rest I could squeeze by on free dlc, and from having got the limited edition from the start.

I started working my way through some of the challenged, doing all for each car starting with what is in my garage, should give a considerable amoutn of extra life into this game. Will need to earn quite a lot more credits to buy some of the cars needed for some of the 1000 club achievements.

Also gave the rally DLC a go. I think it handles really well, not as floaty as DiRT, and I really think they could do a really good proper rally game if they wanted to. And if they avoid the crap the DiRT degenerated into with the gymkhana and 'Woohoo! Yeah!) over-enthustiac yankness, and just go on with rallying I'd go for it.

KungFuStu72
Pirate Captain Pigeon

Postby KungFuStu72 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:18 pm

You need a seriously large amount of credits for all the 1000 club cars. I'm working my way through them, getting all medals then selling the car to recover some cash. There's only one challenge that I've not been able to complete so far - ultimate burnout in a Ford RS2000, it's 4WD and just doesn't want to spin its wheels.

Oxycutor
Ninja Fat Pigeon!

Postby Oxycutor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Can't you do a drivetrain conversion on it to make it RWD? Failing that, change the front/rear balance on the 4WD to as much rear as you can set it to.

KungFuStu72
Pirate Captain Pigeon

Postby KungFuStu72 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Yeah I need to have a tinker with the mechanics. Was easier to just pick another car and carry on at the time.

Oxycutor
Ninja Fat Pigeon!

Postby Oxycutor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 pm

I tend to go for custom upgrade, as I prefer to upgrade handling over power, just the way i prefer it. But in this you often won cards already set up at close to the class limits, and the rallying dlc pretty much forces you to auto-upgrade first, then you have to back out and find the right menu and upgrade, take off everything they put on, and then put on what you want.

Good job finding billboards in the game gives you a parts discount, and since I found all of them, it's now free upgrades, but still a bit annoying.

After playing Gran Turismo 3 and 4 on the old PS2 I learnt a lot about handling. Stuff that just didn't seem to work as well in Gran Turismo 5, either that or they upgraded your opponents as you did. And quite frankly, I thought GT5 had serious rubber-banding, which is annoying in an arcade racer, but not acceptable in a sim racer.

Return to “Games”